The ROM is very similar to OxygenOS and brings a lot of customizability options to the point that you might feel overwhelmed. The ROM recently updated its source code for Android 13. Among the custom ROMs, Xtended is one of the few to have support for a long list of devices. Personally, I feel Xtended has too many features and if you like feature-packed ROMs then you can definitely give it a try. After a few years of break, Paranoid Android is back again. In case you don’t know, Paranoid Android was considered one of the most acclaimed custom ROMs of all time.
- You can pick the apps you want to save, press download a button, and it takes care of the rest for you.
- This means that Android 10 would be the last update for the S9 and S9 Plus, given that they launched with Android Oreo.
- But tools from all these different manufacturers are only compatible with their own OEM devices.
- Double clicking on the Android Backup file will allow you to restore your device from the backup file.
- Recovery mode is like Windows safe mode, but it far more advanced.
- Whether that means going fully unrooted with a locked bootloader or just reverting to the stock ROM but keeping root access, you’ll find an option that works for you.
If not, you can search our website for the device-specific tutorial. Google Photos enables you to backup Android photos and videos to the cloud. You can easily backup WhatsApp messages to your Google Drive.
Once you’ve found the ROM you want to install, download the ZIP file either on your computer or on your phone. Since you will need to data wipe your phone in some of the later steps, it’s advisable to do the file transfer later on, after the data wipe. But make sure that your phone can connect to your computer and can receive files, just to be clear that your device drivers are in place. Later on, you will need to copy the ROM file to the root of your phone’s internal storage. Once you’ve copied the ROM and GApps files to your phone’s internal memory, it’s time to boot into TWRP to flash the files. Once you’re in TWRP, there are a few things you need to do before installing the ROM which we’ll go over in the next step.
- This will ensure that you can always restore your device to a working state, even if you experience a major software problem.
- If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments.
- You can use a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod to backup the entire ROM, or you can use a third-party app like ROM Manager to backup just the current state of the ROM.
- Like OnePlus has such files inside payload.bin, Realme, Oppo has theirs inside OZIP format, and many more.
- In my experience with this ROM, the battery life was just the same as the stock ROM, but I was able to customize a few things here and there.
The ROM includes basic but useful features that include but are not limited to customizing the status bar, changing the overall theme, editing the navbar, and much more. The main reason why people prefer custom ROMs is that almost every company drops support for their devices after 2-3 years of their launch.